March 13, 2008

4 Years

I don't know how to do anything fancy on blogger, but I wanted to pay tribute to my amazing husband on our anniversary. We've had so many great experiences in the last 4 years!


In June of 2003 Clint and I met at a friends house. My friend, Kim, was trying to set me up with her fiance's friend that night, but turned out that Clint and I clicked much faster. He got my phone number that night and we went out for ice cream the next night. We ended up watching the movie Charly at his house and talking all night long. 6 months later, on December 15th, he proposed to me at the Snowed Inn up in park city. It was totally unexpected because the previous week he had been acting very strange...not wanting to see me, keeping our phone conversations very short and inpersonal, even telling me we were "moving too fast". The night before he proposed I was actually in tears, convinced that he would be breaking up with me any day. His plan worked, I was shocked when I felt a cold round object slip onto my left ring finger when I put on my gloves. 3 months later, March 12, 2004 we got married in the Salt Lake Temple. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, even though he forgot to bring his grandma's silver knife to cut the cake with. :) (we ended up using a huge bread knife and plastic spatula from the kitchen at the church).

Since then we have had a wonderful life. Clint spent 4 weeks as a student in Costa Rica where I was able to meet up with him for 1 week. We took surfing lessons, zip lined through the jungle, explored the country on a dirt bike, visited Germany, learned about the devastation of WW2 while visiting consentration camps and museums, returned to the Dominican Republic where Clint served his mission. We've almost been thrown in jail, we went to Disneyland, we've moved 4 times, joined the military, moved 2000 miles to Alabama, driving 32+ hours straight in a gigantic Penske truck, surfed some more, discovered the beauty of the Florida panhandle, driven to Atlanta and Birmingham too many times, graduated from nursing school, we now have the most beautiful baby girl in the world, and have met tons of wonderful people along the road.

Happy anniversary babe! Wish we could have eaten that yummy barbeque dinner together!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary! It's amazing all of the things you have done in the last 4 years. Hope you can celebrate when you're back together in AL!

The Calls said...

Happy Anniversary Katie and Clint! Here is to many more wonderful years together. Don't forget to spend time away together often. I know Morgan is just the cutest thing but remember to go on your dates to keep the magic alive between you to.

Mindy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Luke and Erin said...

Oh, How sweet! When did you almost get put in jail?

The Grandy's said...

Can I make a request? Please post how you almost got thrown in jail next. I want photos of you in black and white stripes and chains.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006