March 11, 2008

I think 2 months is eternity-March 11, 2008

So here I find myself back home in Utah, but still 2000 miles away from home. Its funny how when you move away from the place you call home all you want to do is go back. And then when you do, you find yourself homesick for the home you moved away to. (well, it makes sense in my head). I'm back in Utah. Ever since having Morgan I've been so homesick for Utah. I finally convinced Clint to buy me a plane ticket. After we bought the ticket several family events started coming up and being planned, so rather than flying back to Alabama and then returning to Utah a few weeks later for these special events, I'm staying in Utah for 2+ months. Now I find myself homesick for Alabama. Mostly because thats where Clint is. It never gets easy to be away from him, in my opinion. And the anticipation of being gone 2 months makes me miss him 10 times more. But I miss my friends too. I know its only been 2 days! I'm going to miss family home evening with them, going to lunch, recipe swap, and everything else. What am I going to do when we move away from Alabama? I understand how you're feeling right now Natalie. I never thought I'de be close to anyone in Alabama. "We're just here temporarily" I told myself "there's no point in getting attached to anyone". Ha, funny. I couldn't help it I guess. Cause I feel attached to so many of you out there. I'm so thankful for the friendships I have created with all of you. I hope our paths cross again in the future when we're all finished at Ft. Rucker and sent our various ways. And I hope none of you are having fun without me right now! :) I guess its true when they say home is where the Army sends you. But its only that way if you make it that way. Its even more true that home is where my husband is (unless he's deployed over seas). Salt Lake City will always be my hometown, but wherever we're stationed at the time will be home. I can learn to love whatever city state or country we're sent to as long as we're together.

7 comments:

The Calls said...

That is an awesome attitude. It sucks to move away from what you are comfortable with. We miss you a ton when you are not here but life happens. you grow up build your family and start your home. I'm glad you are here now. let's do whatever we can to make the time go by fast!

Melissa & Jimmy said...

We miss you already! Hurry home!

Generational stitcher said...

I TOTALLY get you! It's so different being away from Tom. I can handle living ANYWHERE as long as we are together. Home is where your heart is...with your hubby. I find that even going 90 minutes north to my parents just isn't the same without Tom...missing him just stinks.

Melanie said...

I know the feeling! I had a horrible time leaving Rucker. I still miss it all the time!! I'm hoping we'll get to see you when we get back up to UT. It will either be the end of March or middle of April. When do you go back to AL?

Andrea said...

I know how you feel Katie! When I was pregnant with Josh I was in PA for a month and the first week, I bawled my eyes out every single night! I hate being away from Peter. We will have to get together and spend some time together when we move to Ogden. I never thought that I would be sad about leaving Ridgecrest, but we have really made this place home and made amazing friends that have become our family here and our move is now a bittersweet experience in our lives. Funny how that happens!

Mindy said...

Don't worry, I am not having fun, I am miserable! Bring me Morgan back please?! :)

Carissa said...

I also hope our paths cross someday. We miss you guys, hope all is well!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006