June 4, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Yesterday we said goodbye to Clint for his year long deployment. I dressed the kids in their cute patriotic outfits for the occassion.

See the necklace Morgan is wearing? Its a little heart shaped flag. She calls it her "work necklace" because she associates it with the flag on Clint's uniform.



Hugs and kisses to last for a few months.


Its much more difficult to watch the kids say goodbye to their dad than to say goodbye myself. No kid should ever have to be without a dad....Sigh.




It was an emotional night, but we're doing okay. The kids don't really understand the amount of time their dad is going away. Its going to be a rough year I can tell already. Be safe Clint! We love you more than anything and will be missing you!

5 comments:

grandma said...

Morgan's dress is so cute. It made me cry (almost) to see them kissing and hugging their daddy good-bye. Jackson is so stinkin cute. Be safe Clint!! Thanks for takin the word thing off of the bottom.

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Hang in there Katie! If you ever need anything let me know. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya!

sdsadasd said...

I'm teary-eyed just looking at these pictures. I am thinking of you, Clint, and the kids. I hope he stays safe while overseas!!!

Heather said...

It is so sad for the little ones. Hope times flies by for all of you.

M C said...

Ugh, that is so hard! I hate the goodbye's. Just breaks your heart!Hope you guys are doing okay! Stay busy!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006