August 30, 2010

Today We're Leaving South Korea

Words can't express my mixed emotions right now. The last 2 years we've been in South Korea and they haven't been easy for me. The first 6 months were the hardest. I've hated being so far away from home. I've had a hard time not being able to jump on a plane and be there for every family event. I've had a hard time not living close to a large military base.

But once I got over that and decided to make the most out of our time here, I realized things weren't so bad. I've made some lifelong friends. People who I will never forget. People who have left an everlasting mark on my heart and soul. I have learned so much (about life and about myself) from being here and from the friends I've made. I love you all so much. I am so thankful that you came into my life. I'm so thankful that we all have the technology to stay in touch. And I hope and pray our paths will cross again very soon. Thank you for everything you've done for me, and everything you've taught me. Thank you for being my family.

God be with you all until we meet again.

All my love,
Katie

3 comments:

The Fisher's said...

Good Luck with all of it - hope you survived the plane :) I bet your family can't hardly wait!!

Heather said...

Welcome home!!!!

Erin Hall said...

welcome home!!!!!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006