We've been shopping for a new comforter set for our bed and finally found one for 50% off and free shipping on Dilliards.com. The picture doesn't really do it justice. Its much prettier in real life. It just needs to be ironed.

On Sunday after church it was nice and sunny outside so we decided to go for a walk. Morgan was excited.

We found a little park down the street from our house. We played on the teeter-totter until Morgan fell off and all the Koreans looked at us like we were child abusers.

So we switched to the swing.

After the park Clint said he wanted to walk across the street and show me a little temple his company had run to for PT one morning. Here is a lovely statue of Buddha to greet you as you come up the steepest hill I've ever walked up in my life.

The guard dogs (aka stray puppies)

The Buddhist Temple

They ring this bell every morning at 0530 and every evening at 1730.

A nice guy that works at the temple saw us walking around outside and invited us to go inside. He spoke very good English, and in fact studied English in Utah.
Left to Right: Buddha of the past, Buddha of the present, Buddha of the future. They pray to Buddha of the present.

On the left and right sides of the Buddha statues are walls covered in smaller Buddha statues (pictured below)
The ceiling of the temple.

This is a painting on one of the walls.

This is a smaller temple just down the hill a little ways. Pretty much the same thing inside.

A closer picture of the decorative artwork. It is so beautiful and amazing! Who knew we could walk across the street and see such wonderful Korean culture. I had no idea this temple was here.

And a little video of Morgan trying to climb the slide at the park.
7 comments:
The temples are pretty ornate - my goodness! That is so neat that it is so close to you, what an amazing experience you are all having! I lOVE the new bed by the way - absolutely beautiful!
I think the bed is beautiful too. I didn't notice that it needed ironing. I let you borrow mine but I use if to prop the door open. :-) Those Buddist temples are beautiful. How fun to be out and learning about Korean culture. You will enjoy yourselves so much more there if you learn the culture. The pictures of Morgan are awesome. Disregard me asking you to email me the picutre of her on the teeter totter. I hadn't looked at your blog yet. Why do kids always want to go UP the slide. I think it is one of lifes great mysteries. Love ya.
PS: I love the expression on her face in the teeter totter picture. She is so beautiful.
It looks like you guys had a pretty fun filled action packed weekend. I love seeing your pics of Korea, cause it brings back memories I had forgotten about. That is so neat you get to experience Korea like that. Give Morgan a great big smooch for me. O and BTW I decided your baby is gonna be a boy. Little Jackson Paul....hahahaa.
Cool! Tyler has a ton of pictures of Buddhist temples from Japan. I think they are so pretty. Morgan is such a cutie!
Luke is crying because Clint wont email him back. So, Luke said that they are over. This is an offical break-up and they are yesterday's news!
Morgan always has the sweetest look on her face. I bet she loves being outside :)
There were lots of Buddha Temples in China. I saw a Buddha that was the size of the room it was in. It was crazy!
That style really is neat! I miss is a lot.
It is really cool that you have that right out your front door!
Love the bed! Looks cozy! I soooo miss Korea. It was fun to explore and they have some yummy treats over there. If you go to one of the small stores look for grape flavored hi-chews. They are my fav. Did you ever find a puffins?? Anyway... Thanks for saying that I look tiny! I feel huge! Starting to get to the uncomfortable stage! Morgan looks really cute on the sea-saw! Hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment