February 3, 2009

For Shelly (and everyone else who wants to know the details)

Okay, I think everyone who is going to see our little announcement has probably seen it by now. I found out on January 16th that I was pregnant. That night Morgan's old infant carseat was sitting out so I picked it up and said, "I guess we can put this away since we won't be needing it for 9 more months." Clint didn't say anything so I said something again about putting it away since we won't need it for 9 more months and he said, "wait 9 months? Are you pregnant?" I started laughing and told him I was and he just said, "well thats cool." It was pretty funny. You probably had to be there.

By my estimate the baby is due around September 21st. And yes, we did it on purpose. Morgan will be 21 months older than baby #2. It worked out perfect for us because we will be able to bring the new baby home with us for Christmas this year to meet everyone. We wanted an August baby, since there are already 5 September birthdays in our families, but we're just thankful that it happened so fast this time. It took 14 months to get Morgan, and I was afraid that would happen again.

I'm not able to get a dr. appt until our command sponsorship goes through, so we're hoping that happens soon since its been 6 months now since we initially applied. I emailed the batallion commander yesterday and made a fuss about not being able to get an appt when I'm pregnant. Hopefully he'll be able to help.

We're both really excited for this baby. I didn't think the second one would be as exciting, but it is! I've been nauseated since before I even found out I was pregnant and I'm so tired and exhausted all the time. Oh, and the headaches, I'm getting headaches again with this one. No throwing up yet though. Oh ya, and I'm craving Fruit Loops like crazy! I remember being tired with Morgan, but I was in school, so I didn't have a choice but to get up and go. Now its hard for me to get out of bed everyday. I'm not complaining though, just documenting :)

Any other questions?

23 comments:

Benjamin and Jennie said...

Yay!!! that's so exciting!!! i'm so excited for your growing family!!! it's crazy thinking about being pregnant again.... it's true how they say you forget about all the sickness and misery once that baby is in your arms:) I know it's only the beginning but hang in there!!:)

Heather said...

Congratulations Katie and Clint! That is great news. Hope you start feeling well soon.

The Shields Family said...

Congrats that's awesome! The due date is a day after Tylan's b-day! Hope everything goes well with you and getting an appointment!

The Fisher's said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! I talked with Shelly last night and she makes me laugh, you have such a fun family!

Anonymous said...

Nobody is more excited than me!!! Wahoo!!! Sorry you are sick but this too will soon pass. Sorry I missed you last night. I was so tired when I got home from work I never got on the computer until 9:00. We do have a fun family don't we? Love ya.

The Phipps said...

Oh Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! We will be grandparents in Sept. as well. I'm so happy for you and Clint:) and Morgan:)

4everboys said...

YAY! CONGRATS! That is awesome! I was just thinking about you and wondering when you were going to get pregnant agan! :) That makes me so happy. There is just nothing better than being a mom!!!

Carissa said...

Congratulations! My first two are exactly 21 months apart and I thought it was perfect. Good luck with those headaches. Morgan's going to love having a baby around, I bet.

The Patty Cake House said...

Congratulations!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Yahoo! We're so excited for you guys!

Melanie said...

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear it happened quickly for you guys! :)

Shelly said...

Hey, Kate. I am SOOO happy for you! Sorry I couldn't talk last night, I feel bad. We will have to catch up soon. It is kinda weird, but the day before I looked at your post before I knew you were prego I actually was just wondering about it. I guess I kinda had a feeling that you were or were going to be soon....hahahaa. CONGRATS AGAIN!

Shelly said...

Oh and that is so funny that it took Clint that long to figure that out.....that was a really clever way to subtley break the news....guess you're all about subtle these days...haha. get on skype sometime when Clint is around, cause Jason wants to talk to him too.

Jeanette said...

Congratulations!
I am due with my 3rd on Sep. 17! I have been more sick with this pregnancy than either of my last two. It is no fun but should be over soon enough.

Mindy said...

Um, yes another question. Where do babies come from? :)

evelania said...

what?! tons of people got appointments where i was without being CS, tons!

Tiff and Trev said...

Congrats!!! That's AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE having my two babes so close (although 14 months may be a little too close). It's hard at first but SO worth it! Hope you feel better! (I noticed being a lot more tired with #2 too.)

Kattelman Krew said...

Congratulations!!! we are so happy for your family to grow!, I'm so glad you put "and yes we did it on purpose" because people are stupid and I know first hand that that's the first thing they ask...

Adam Amy Wes said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!

thejencooper said...

Yayyyy!!! Holy cow, I can't believe that I am the 20th person to say congrats! I need to check your blog more often! That is so exciting you guys! I am so happy that it happened so fast too. That is funny how you told Clint. I love it!

Anonymous said...

We just found out! Congratulations! We are so so so so so so so excited for you guys!

Ryan and Katie Whipple said...

Congrats!!!

~The Dippold's said...

How exciting!! I have been totally slacking on the blogger world and haven't had a chance to check other peoples blogs so I got the news when you left the comment about P90X. It is definitely hard core and with 2 babies it would be very hard because the shortest one is 1hr long some are even 1 1/2 hrs. I am glad to be doing it but will be happy when it is over. I will then have to find something else to do . . . if you have any ideas let me know. :) Congrats again!! I am so excited for you! :)

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006