This morning I got ahold of someone in the OB clinic. I told them what was going on, got yelled at by a nurse for not going to the ER, and then was told to come ASAP to the lab to get some hormone levels drawn. Of course by this time I'm freaking out and totally emotional. Clint didn't have to be to work until 2, so luckily he was there to calm me down. He couldn't go with me to the hospital, but he ended up calling someone from church to go with me because he wanted me to have some support. She met me at the hospital 30 minutes later and I had my blood drawn around 1130. They told me I could see a dr. at 1245.
Went up to the OB clinic at 1245, finally saw the dr at 145. She did an ultrasound, listened to the baby's heartbeat for a minute, printed me a picture, and then said that everything looks okay and should get better within a week or 2. She said I need to take things extremely easy for the next 2 weeks. Too much activity may (or may not) cause more complications. The dr. didn't sound too worried because my hormone levels are very high, but then she said, "if you're gonna miscarry then you're gonna miscarry, no matter what." Which made me feel a little unsure about things.
So, luckily the baby is alive and well at this point. Clint is leaving tomorrow morning for a 3 week training thing up north, so it might be rough to take it easy. I was supposed to have a playdate with the Primary President from church this afternoon and when I called her to cancel and tell her what was happening she offered to find help for me and is going to look for some people willing to drive out here and help me with Morgan and keep me company.
I'm going back to the hospital for another blood test tomorrow and then again on Tuesday next week for a regular appointment.
If you could...just shoot a pray to the big guy upstairs for our little halfbaked bun. We'd really appreciate it.
We feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people here who care about us, worry about us, and are willing to support us in our times of need. We are so fortunate to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, where we have met some wonderful friends who lift us up and strengthen us and guide us in the right direction. Who comfort us and give us a spiritual uplifting when we need it. I know that Heavenly Father sent us to this country for a reason and that He has placed these angels in our lives to teach us and guide us and help us understand the reason we're here. I've learned so much in the last 4 months and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more while we're here. I'm overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for all of the things we've been blessed with in our lives. We ARE very blessed and we know that all things come from our Father in Heaven.
Here's a picture of our little stinker winker. Official due date is September 21st. Kind of funny, its the exact same due date as our first pregnancy.

21 comments:
You know what I had to say. I won't bore you again. I love ultrasound pictures. It amazes me at a few weeks you can tell there is a baby. I love ya sweetie. Take care and keep me posted every single day.
please keep us posted! I will definately say a prayer for you and baby.
I'm so glad that everything is alright so far! You're in our prayers here too! Being a member of the Church sure does pay off :)
I had some spotting with Whitney early on because I got so dehydrated from puking. And then with this pregnancy I bled like crazy early on and could NOT believe I was pregnant but here I am almost 28 weeks along! I know it is scary though. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
So scary. Glad everything looks like it will be ok. I am due on September 20th. I actually have low hormone levels and am on medication to help maintain the pregnancy. Growing these babies can sure get stressful sometimes.
Good Luck!
We always keep you in our prayers, but we will say a few extra ones! That is sooo scary. I really hope you can find a ton of help. Watch lots of movies!!!
We always keep you in our prayers, but we will say a few extra ones! That is sooo scary. I really hope you can find a ton of help. Watch lots of movies!!!
Hey, I'm sorry you are going through this. Remember to take it easy. It is easy for us moms to forget to do that. Just remember that the house doesn't always have to be clean the dishes can wait a couple days. Just take care of you and that baby and Morgan the rest can wait! I know you and you will get compulsive about a dirty house....please don't fret, that is what the relief society is for when one of our sisters can't do much. And yes that is quite a trip that the baby is due the same time!!! wow!
im sorry katie! we will pray for you and your little one. the best advice i could give is just remember whatever happens is supposed to happen and we might not understand it, but the Lord does and that is all that matters. just have faith in His will! you are a strong woman katie! i believe everything will work out. if you need to talk or anything just email me! i am so glad they gave you an ultrasound right away and the baby is healthy. that is the best news.
We definately will pray for you and your half baked potatoe. :) I wish I was there to help with mo mo and to keep you company, well you would be more keeping me company. Glad everything is ok though.
We'll be praying for you! It will all work out in the end just REST!!
Love ya Kate! Enjoy your time to relax, like Jen said, don't stress about the housework!
We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Hope everything goes okay. I wish we were close, I'd come take care of you!
My heart goes out to you! Does it ever seem like when the going gets tough, the husbands are required elsewhere?! Sheesh!
Take it easy and be the best little incubator you can for that peanut!
I'm so sorry for all this stress you are going through. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you right now. You are constantly in my prayers. I love and miss you. Hope you start feeling better!
How scary for you! Hope things will get better soon. That little stinker winker is pretty cute! You can see the baby's little arms and legs starting to grow allready! How neat! I'm still so excited for you guys!
The one good thing about scares, at least you have a little picture...I love ultrasounds :) The stinky part is she is right about the miscarriage, the good part is your hormone levels are high. And you have been in our prayers. Keep your spirits up and your butt down :)
Oh yay! I'm super excited that you are pregnant first of all. Yipee! Secondly, I've worried about losing our baby too but everytime the thought is followed with the fact that, "I do not give or take life, that's the man upstairs." So I pray real hard that it takes and I'll do the same for you.
P.s. I posted a comment on your Milestone blog. Check out the website and let me know.
I hope that everything is going good for you and the baby. You will be in our prayers.
Sorry to hear you are having some scares!! We will keep you in our prayers!
Oh my goodness Katie, I am so sorry for the scary couple of days! I hope you guys are doing ok. You will definitely be in our prayers.
Post a Comment