May 10, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I just love listening to my children speak. Well, when they're saying nice things that is.

Things Morgan says:
Hunder instead of Thunder
Flower pop instead of flower pot
Tool instead of stool
Shampu instead of Shamu
"I'm like Rapunzel and you're like Mother" (not sure how I feel about that one!)
She likes to repeat some of the things I say. Like:
Go to time out!
Shush
Do you understand?
And my favorite...mom, follow directions!!

Things Jackson says:
hmm hmm ma=thank you mom
saw-ie=sorry
ma=more
baby
da=dog
ba=ball
he puts his chubby finger to his lips and shushes me when I sing sometimes :(
ya
ba-ba=bye bye
yawee=Shelly (who he absolutely loves!)
no no

Jackson had his 18 month well baby check up today. He's actually 20 months now, but he was 29 lbs. 34 inches, which was 80-90th percentile and then 99% for his head, as usual.

His doctor is so irritating. She told me I should be potty training him and asking me if I'm concerned about the size of his head. She said sometimes if they have a big head there can be water on their brain, blah blah blah. Um...his head has been 99-100th percentile since the day he was born. And if she would read her patient's charts before she came into the room she would know that. And don't even get me started on how she just walks out of the room after checking him out without saying anything. Didn't even tell me she was done. I had to go after her and ask her if that was it and where to go next. Oh, and I won't mention how I was in the clinic for exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes for Jackson to get 2 shots!

I'm done now.

3 comments:

James and Caitlin said...

Which clinic do you go to? If it's Dr. Uy at the west fort hood clinic, then I'm sorry. I reeeallly dislike that woman!

The Shields Family said...

I really hate going to the well baby appts! They seem so pointless and the docs are usually corny!

Heather said...

I love it when my kids don't say things right. I know I should correct them but its just so cute!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006